Here's how Firefly's technology can help automotive manufacturers meet the challenges of the 21st century.
- Includes automobiles and light trucks / commercial vehicles.
- Large number of different group sizes to cover many applications.
- Manufacturers are looking for ways to reduce vehicle weight.
- Diesel vehicles place very large instantaneous rate of discharge starting demands on batteries.
- Ever-increasing use of on-board electronics places a continuous low rate of discharge demand on batteries, leading to undercharging.
- Increasing environmental and strategic constraints on fossil fuels are giving rise to a gradual turn toward hybrid and alternative fuel vehicles.
- Imported vehicles and sports cars spend considerable time in transit / storage prior to use.
Firefly Value Propositions:
- Very good energy density characteristics.
- Technology can be configured to fit existing battery group sizes.
- Superior cold temperature performance.
- Highly resistant to sulfation during undercharge and storage situations.
- Firefly offers a lower-cost option to exotic advanced-technology (nickel metal hydride and lithium ion) batteries in hybrid vehicle applications.
Original Equipment Market Annual Units (N. America): 16 million
Replacement Market Annual Units (N. America): 50 million