Whether it's for transportation, construction, or maintaining our vital infrastructure, commercial vehicles need rugged and dependable battery power.
Click here to learn about the new OasisTM
- Large market segment covering short and long-haul trucks, construction equipment, off-road transport (i.e. logging trucks), and buses.
- Most prevalent battery is the Group size 31, often with three or four connected in parallel.
- Due to anti-idling legislation and increasing fuel costs, over-the-road trucks are increasingly dependent on batteries for their overnight, creature comfort “hotel loads”.
- As operating and maintenance costs are critical, as well as impending legislation, commercial vehicle manufacturers are investing heavily in evaluating and developing new technologies, including hybrids and hydrogen fuel cells.
- Reliability is a major consideration as failure / downtime is extremely costly.
- Vibration resistance is critical, especially in off-road and equipment applications.
Firefly Value Proposition:
- Continuous power through discharge process for deep cycle “hotel loads”.
- Capability for fast recharge to full capacity.
- Highly resistant to vibration.
- Higher retention of capacity in cold temperature starting applications.
- Firefly offers a lower-cost option to exotic advanced-technology (nickel metal hydride and lithium ion) batteries in hybrid vehicle applications.
Original Equipment Market Annual Units (N. America): 1.8 million
Replacement Market Annual Units (N. America): 9 million