Marine / RV / Powersports Market Brief
Whether it's a boat, motorcycle, snowmobile or RV, we need reliable batteries for all our leisure activities.
- Marine / RV is a fast-growing market driven by increased leisure time of aging / retiring affluent “baby boom” generation.
- Most boat batteries are “dual-purpose” starting / cycling.
- Large RVs require separate deep-cycle batteries for overnight “hotel loads”.
- Powersports segment includes motorcycles, small all-terrain vehicles, snowmobiles, and personal watercraft, which all endure significant vibration.
- Growing popularity of “touring” bike category, which requires more cranking amps and reserve capacity.
- Limited space for the battery, so energy density is highly valued.
- Battery sulfation during off-season storage is a major issue.
Firefly Value Proposition:
- Continuous power through discharge process for deep cycle RV “hotel loads”.
- Excellent energy density due to graphite foam grids construction.
- Capability for fast recharge to full capacity.
- Highly resistant to sulfation during off-season storage.
- Higher retention of capacity in cold temperature.
- Excellent resistance to vibration.
Marine / RV Original Equipment Market Annual Units (N. America): 75,000*
Marine / RV Replacement Market Annual Units (N. America): 8 million
*Most new boats and recreational vehicles are shipped without batteries installed.
Powersports Original Equipment Market Annual Units (N. America): 2.5 million
Powersports Replacement Market Annual Units (N. America): 6 million