Our troops depend on their equipment, and the equipment depends on batteries. Nowhere are the performance demands more critical.
- Requires batteries that can withstand shock, damage, and long periods of neglect and abuse.
- Increases in temperature accelerate battery corrosion, shortening life.
- 95% of Army vehicles utilize group size 6T lead acid batteries.
- Other military applications are aircraft and communications devices, which prize light weight.
- Battery sulfation during off-duty storage is a major issue.
Firefly Value Proposition:
- Excellent energy density enables greater run-time.
- Greater reliability and stability as compared to other advanced battery technologies.
- Faster recharge to full capacity for deep discharge applications (e.g. “Silent Watch”).
- Greater resiliency against corrosion caused by high temperatures.
- Highly resistant to sulfation during off-duty storage.
- Higher retention of capacity in cold temperature conditions.
Market Size (U.S. Military): $900 million